I was tagged by RE Hunter and I shamelessly procrastinated till my draft’s title began to mock me each time I thought I was seriously writing.
1. What is the title of your book/WIP?
Haven’t decided yet. I’ve begun work on it a week back or two.
2. Where did the idea for the WIP come from?
My head! And some discussions on alter egos.
3. What genre would your WIP fall under?
I’m not sure what genre I would call it. Two alternate timelines + religion + a bit of science + thriller. There, I invented a new genre.
4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
Iron Man! He’s still acting, right? Right?
5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your WIP?
This has to be the hardest.
When a scholar finds herself leafing through the Bible of Holy Putrefaction, little did she know that the woman she loved never existed; little did she know that she had set in motion the destruction of time, .
6. Is your WIP published or represented?
I haven’t finished writing (trust me, really) but I’m sure its ‘Ebooks-ward Ho!’
7. How long did it take you to write?
Been working on the design for about two weeks now. When I can’t control myself, I sneak in to write random scenes in bursts.
8. What other WIPs within your genre would you compare it to?
I’m yet to come across one which falls in the same boat as mine.
9. Which authors inspired you to write this WIP?
Authors, none in particular, yet all whose work I have been reading for a while. The idea for first started out as one for a short story, till greater definition kept striking my head and I decided a short story couldn’t do justice to all that I now had in mind. Over time, as I read various works, there style, or expression or storytelling techniques have been very influential (also because I have never planned a piece of writing before).
Anton LaVey’s work jumpstarted things. There’s Umberto Eco. And Edgar Allen Poe; his ability to shock and appall and bind the reader in his craft seems almost magical, more so because he writes of nothing that could be construed as supernatural or fantasy.
I can’t remember other awesome people now : (
10. Tell us anything else that might pique our interest in this project.
There is no hero in the story. And it involves time travel!
One last thing… Tag, You’re It!
I’d love to know what you guys are upto : )